Thursday, July 29, 2010

Trees need Good Soil

Ahemmm

Yesterday I watched a really intense movie - Inception. The only review I'd have to give about it is that it is a "Must see!" movie. Its relativity to this blog is based on the notion of making dreams a reality and not getting lost in a limbo. You will understand what I mean once you watch the movie.

To avoid getting lost in a limbo, I decided to post some progress on this dream of mine. You see the whole point of this blog is to keep myself accountable on it. I can ask someone to keep pushing me to do it but then again what good would that be if I can't use my own strength to move me forward. So the smart way for me is to imprint my thoughts digitally on the world wide web and hope that it constantly reminds me that I need to execute a plan.

On my last blog, I mentioned getting logos drafted for the 3 labels - Rootz, Jamz and Vogue. Unfortunately, I left my American hometown of Jonesboro to spend summer with family in California. My unplanned vacation provided an opportunity for me to get in contact again with my culture to rejuvenate my understanding of my identity. Jonesboro was definitely making a redneck out of me... :)
Proposed T-Shirt Mockup

On to business, lately I have been working somewhat on the ideas behind Kokonut Vogue. Have a couple of designs in place for a startup but I am going to have to formally divide this project into 2 on this blog to be able show some sort of structure on the plans. However, Jamz and Vogue will be working hand in hand.

I am gonna have to have firmly founded rootz for this company to grow, so I have pledged myself into working on the Legal Protection side of the whole sha-bang! I am talking about writing up Copyright, Privacy Policies, Terms of Service and Licensing for primarily my 2 plan sources. I don't want to startup and get slapped with a copyright infringement from the get-go. Its all in good timing because my cousins Gabe, Vara and Mark have asked me to come onboard their team in building up a template club. My task for the week in that project will be doing the same thing as needs to be done for Jamz and Vogue.

I believe that should be it for now. I have other news to tell you but I feel now is not the time to spill the beans on that. Just some good hopes of investment in this project as well as latest developments in the music industry that is seeing my visions come to light. Until my next blog, please enjoy this new music video by J Boog ft. Richie Spice "Got to be Strong."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Bless me with your insight!