Monday, September 27, 2010

Riding the Waves

Its been a while since I last posted any progress on the Kokonut Rootz project but I am glad to write about Logo Designs being lodged in for production. Last week Friday, I went in to see a highly commended traditional art & graphic designer about logos for the three proposed labels, as well as a mascot of sorts to plaster onto the island identity. Also a soon to be cousin, Archie Andrews said he would send me a couple of samples so I can have more options to work with. Archie is also an exceptional designer who would most likely know the island feel and message, I'd like my logo to represent. Things are looking good so far!

I have long contemplated an iconic name and image for my vision which I hope to share with the world in the coming weeks. As soon as James (the designer) comes up with an idea for a mascot, I will be posting it on here. I am as excited as a kid walking into a candy store, because I can't wait to see what he has in store. James is a designer who I met through music and I later learnt about his exceptional ability to draw comics and cartoons. The concept he is going to be creating for a cartoon will be "Braddah Rootz," an island boy who will be the personification of Kokonut Rootz representation.

Like Us on Facebook
On other news, I believe it is also important to address social network connectivity on major social networking tools such as facebook and youtube etc. I setup the first facebook fan page for Kokonut Rootz which I aim at primarily being the initial voice for development aside from this blog. This blog is slowly finding its shape in terms of being an informative and less interactive blog so facebook should provide a temporary means for building a fanbase before the launch of all 3 labels.

At the moment, I am pretty much playing things by ear, except for my intricate plans for the whole portal which I don't plan to disclose on this blog. The various strategic ventures that I plan on launching on Jamz and Vogue will be pretty much be a surprise until their individual launch dates.

I have created a couple of programs or features for the Kokonut Jamz community to be able to voice their opinions, participate in competitions, show their creativity and basically build a proper fan-artist following and interaction. I will start working on the various links up on the menu so that visitors can better understand my overall business plan. I am hoping to get my computer up and running pretty soon so I can start working on graphs and images outlining long-term as well as short-term goals.

Stay tuned folks!

Here is another video for your enjoyment:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Bless me with your insight!